My tribute to the album 'The Final Cut' by Pink Floyd.
This is the scanned version, so that's why the left side looks a little weird. That side was right in the binding of my sketchbook and I don't feel like re-scanning this again, so there you go. I have to say, I'm really, really happy with this. There's a couple of minor things that I would do differently next time, but overall, this is the best thing I've done in a long time.
But anyways, a breakdown of the symbols:
'Your Possible Pasts':
- Barbed wire
-"In derelict sidings, the poppies entwine..."
'The Gunner's Dream':
- The cross grave marker
- "In the corner of some foreign field, the gunner sleeps tonight... ...take heed of his dream"
'The Final Cut':
- The razor blade
- Roger Waters' face eclipsed by shadow (from the video)
- "Thought I outta bear my naked feelings, thought I outta tear the curtain down. I held the blade, in trembling hands, prepared to make it but... just then the phone rang... I never had the nerve to make the final cut."
'Two Suns In The Sunset':
- The two "suns"
- "Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend. We were all equal in the end."
Other stuff not taken directly from lyrics:
- Military ribbons (from the album art)
- Poppy field (theme throughout the album)
- Nazi bomber plane
- British WWII pistol
And there you have it. Incredibly dark album, but one of my favorites.